Delve into the captivating world of Shungite as we explore its intriguing story. A fascinating stone renowned for generations for its felt healing and protective energies. In this article Shungite: Unveiling Nature’s Secret, we will unravel the ancient wisdom behind Shungite, its composition, and its various grades, as well as guide you on your journey of incorporating this mystical stone into your life.
A Stone Almost as Old as the Earth
Transport yourself back through time to the Paleoproterozoic era, a period of monumental transformations on Earth. It is within this tapestry of time, between 2.5 and 1.6 billion years ago, that Shungite quietly emerged, holding the secrets of our planet’s distant past. Formed through a complex alchemy of organic-rich deposits, sedimentation, and metamorphism, Shungite crystallised over eons, encapsulating the very essence of our planet’s primordial energies.
Reigniting the Knowledge of Shungite
This electrical superconductor, although lesser known, is one worth taking the time to familiarise yourself with. Its rich history and scientifically proven benefits make it hard to believe that Shungite hasn’t found its way into more aspects of our lives.
The first deposits of this mineraloid were discovered in the seventeenth century in the Lake Onega Region. Shunga, a small village located in the Russian section of Karelia, is the only place in the world where Shungite can be found. While Shungite may be new to Westerners, the people of this region have been using it for thousands of years. They have recognised its water purification properties, as well as its believed healing and spiritual protective qualities.
For centuries, the people of Shunga cherished Shungite for its revered benefits and harnessed its potential in various aspects of their lives. Water purification held a prominent place among the uses of this mystical stone. The locals believed that Shungite possessed the ability to cleanse and purify water, removing impurities and infusing it with revitalising energy. The tradition of using Shungite for water purification became deeply ingrained in the culture, passed down from generation to generation as a sacred practice.
Beyond its water-purifying prowess, Shungite was held in high regard for its healing powers and spiritual protection. The people of Shunga embraced Shungite as a talisman, a source of positive energy, and a shield against negative forces. Its presence was believed to ward off evil spirits, offering a sense of security and tranquillity. Through their connection with Shungite, the people of Shunga sought not only physical well-being but also a deeper spiritual connection with the Earth’s energies.
So how has it sustained popularity throughout history and become such a popular stone today?
The Nature-Made Molecule – A Fullerene-Fueled Journey
Shungite is unique in its composition, with a carbon matrix containing trace amounts of naturally occurring molecules called Fullerenes. These cage-like spherical carbon molecules were first discovered in 1985 and are known for their thermal conductivity and ability to absorb contaminants. Fullerenes are considered to be responsible for the primary properties of Shungite, making it a versatile stone with applications in physics, chemistry, medicine, and nanotechnology.
The composition and chemistry of this versatile mineral are fascinating. While primarily composed of carbon, Shungite also contains trace amounts of up to 70 other elements, including silicon, aluminium, magnesium, and iron, which play crucial roles in various bodily functions. These elements have been found to have beneficial effects on the human body, leading to the use of Shungite in a variety of alternative healing practices.
How Many Shungite Grades Are There?
Shungite is classified into three primary types based on carbon content:
- Silver (Elite/Noble) Shungite: This is the rarest and most expensive form of Shungite which contains up to 98% carbon content and is believed to have the most potent healing properties. It is often used for water purification due to its high concentration of fullerenes and other beneficial minerals. Fun fact…Elite Shungite accounts for about 1% of all Shungite found!
- Black Shungite: Also known as Petrovsky Shungite, this type has a carbon content of 50-70%. It is the most commonly available form of Shungite and is often used in products like Shungite pyramids, Shungite phone stickers, and Shungite jewellery due to its high electrical conductivity and ability to block electromagnetic radiation.
- Gray Shungite: With a carbon content of 30-50%, this grade is also known as Regular Shungite and is the lowest grade of Shungite. It is often used in construction materials for its ability to absorb and neutralize harmful substances.
Here at Feel Crystals, we stock both Noble and Black Shungite in polished and raw forms. Our collection includes a wide range of hand-picked Noble Shungite Jewellery crafted with .925 sterling silver. Whether you’re drawn to the purity of Elite Shungite or the versatility of Black Shungite, we have the perfect Shungite piece to accompany your exploration.
Starting your Journey with Shungite
When incorporating Shungite into your life, it’s essential to consider a few factors.
Firstly, ensure you purchase from a trusted supplier who can guide you in the right direction. Both in-store & online, we offer authentic Shungite in various forms, from raw specimens to polished tumbled stones and carved shapes. Our extensive selection of crafted .925 sterling silver gemstone jewellery, including Shungite pendants, necklaces, rings, and earrings, is sure to grab your eye! Our in-store crystal experts are always available to help you choose your piece whether it be via email, phone or in-store.
Purity is another aspect to consider when choosing among the variations of Shungite. It is thought that the higher the carbon content, the stronger the healing properties. While all Shungite may resonate at its unique frequency, refer back to our previous section on the types of Shungite to determine which suits you best for your needs.
Next, determine the purpose for which you’ll be using your Shungite. If it’s for spiritual and meditation practices, Elite Shungite, also known as Noble or Silver Shungite, with its high purity, is generally recommended. Known for its stress and anxiety-relieving properties, Shungite is felt to be an incredibly grounding stone. It is thought to harmonise your frequency by transmuting negative energy and thought patterns into positive ones, facilitating positive changes and personal growth.
Shungite and EMF: Unveiling the Protective Power
In the modern digital age, where electromagnetic fields (EMFs) surround us, concerns about potential health effects arise. That’s where Shungite, a stone renowned for its believed ability to shield against EMF radiation, comes into play.
Shungite’s unique carbon-based composition, particularly in the Silver (Elite/Noble) grade, is thought to enable it to absorb and neutralise electromagnetic frequencies, acting as a protective barrier. Its secret lies in the tiny molecular sponges called fullerenes, which are thought to attract and trap harmful EMF waves, creating a harmonious and energetically balanced environment.
By incorporating Shungite in various forms like pyramids, adhesive phone/laptop stickers, or jewellery, you may surround yourself with this natural EMF defence system. Experiment with different shapes and placements to find what works best for you, whether it’s a Shungite pyramid near your computer or router, or a pendant worn close to your body.
If you are interested in Learning more about the scientific research of Shungite, we highly recommend reading Regina Martino’s book titled “Shungite: Protection, Healing, and Detoxification“. She delves into double-blind studies conducted on the subject, and discusses the effectiveness of different Shungite shapes, grades and much more!
Shungite Water Infusions
Thanks to the unique structure of Shungite, it is believed to have the ability to eliminate various free radicals from water. Raw Shungite water infusions offer a great way to remove both organic and non-organic pathogens while restoring mineral content to your drinking water. This cleansing effect is thought to be attributed to the powerful antioxidant and antiviral properties of Fullerenes found in Shungite.
To make Shungite water, follow these steps:
- Choose your Shungite: While any grade of Shungite can be used, Elite Shungite is preferred due to its high concentration of fullerenes. The amount of Shungite needed depends on the container’s size and your personal preference, but a general guideline is to use about 100 grams per litre of water.
Our recommended Shungite pieces for water infusions:
You should need between 4-7 pieces of these Shungite specimens to make up 100g for your litre of water. You can check the approximate weight in the dimensions tab for each product.
- Clean your Shungite: Thoroughly rinse the Shungite under running water and gently scrub it with a brush to remove any dirt or debris. Shungite often has natural iron or other mineral inclusions but this is natural and safe to use. If you are concerned, usually the inclusions can be gently scraped off if desired.
- Place the Shungite in a container: Use a jug, glass, or ceramic container and add clean water. It’s best to use filtered or spring water to avoid chlorine or other contaminants that could interfere with the fullerenes.
- Let it sit: Allow the Shungite infusion to soak in the water for several hours or overnight. The longer it soaks, the more minerals and fullerenes will be absorbed into the water.
- Enjoy: After the desired soaking time, remove the Shungite stones from the water. Some people prefer to strain the water through a fine mesh strainer to remove any sediment that may have accumulated. Now you can savour the benefits of your Shungite-infused beverage!
Please note, while Shungite water is generally considered safe for consumption, it’s always wise to consult a healthcare professional before adopting any new health practices. Keep in mind that this information is not a substitute for professional medical advice but may complement your existing health routine.
Nourish Your Plants with Shungite Water: Enhancing Growth and Vitality
Watering your plants with Shungite water can be a beneficial addition to your gardening routine. Whether you have Type 1 Elite Shungite or Black/Grey Shungite, using Shungite water may provide your plants with some essential minerals and a level of protection.
Shungite water contains a range of benefits for plant growth and vitality. The presence of minerals in Shungite water, including silicon, magnesium, and iron, may promote healthy plant development and improve nutrient uptake. Additionally, the fullerenes found in Shungite are thought to possess antioxidant properties, helping to protect plants from harmful free radicals and oxidative stress.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to preparing and using Shungite water for watering your plants:
- Start by thoroughly rinsing the Shungite pieces under running water to remove any impurities.
- Choose a container, such as a jug or watering can, and place the cleaned Shungite pieces in it.
- Add clean water to the container, using approximately 100 grams of Shungite per litre of water.
- Allow the Shungite-infused water to sit for several hours or overnight. This time allows the minerals and beneficial properties of Shungite to infuse into the water.
- Once the infusion is complete, gently pour the black or grey Shungite water at the base of each plant during your regular watering routine. This helps facilitate absorption by the roots.
Shungite water is thought to improve the structure and quality of water, in order to make it more readily available to plants. The infusion of Shungite minerals into the water may enhance its bioavailability, allowing plants to absorb nutrients more efficiently.
Give it a try and witness the positive effects it may bring to your green companions!
In the dance between science and mysticism, Shungite emerges as a beacon of balance. Its felt ability to create harmonious environments and shield us from energetic chaos is nothing short of extraordinary.
We hope you have found some value in our Shungite: Unveiling Nature’s Secret blog! While we’ve explored the different grades, shapes, and placements of Shungite, most importantly, we hope you have discovered how to unlock the potential to harness its protective energies and to find solace amidst the modern technological landscape.